Investment Associate bij MKB Fonds
Our client is a uniquely positioned independent private equity firm with a focus on the lower end of the mid-market. They are looking for an Associate with the right DNA, competences and experience to strengthen the investment team. Keywords are: top performer, strong analytical and social capabilities, self-starting, all-round business eagerness and a healthy dose of personality.
Company Profile & Track Record
MKB Fonds was founded by Thomas Wals in 2011 and its office is located in a beautiful merchant house on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Currently investing from fund number IV (20M) having fully invested funds I (10M), II (10M) & III (15M). They expect to start raising for Fund V in Q1 2019. Completed over 40 transactions (12 in 2018) and expect to do a further 16 in 2019.
Their investment focus:
- Lower end of the mid-market (minimum EBITDA of c. €0.75m to €3m) in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Successful and profitable companies (often family owned companies with a business succession issue).
- Operational and financial improvement, Buy & Build.
- Currently portfolio over 5 clusters: Cleaning materials, packaging materials, IT, consumer goods & mobility (>30M EBITDA).
What makes the MKB Fonds a highly desired place to work?
- Excellent team: The MKB Fonds team consists of four investment professionals with diverse backgrounds: One partner (Asset management & Private Equity), one investment director (Private Equity), one senior investment manager (M&A and financial advisory), and one investment manager (Private Equity and Mezzanine). To date, their highly selective hiring process has resulted in a strong and coherent team.
- Excellent deal flow: The investment pace of Fund IV will continue into successive funds. Last year MKB Fonds did 12 buy side deals. To date they have closed 45 deals.
- Culture: Highly professional, open, respectful, constructive.
- Long term strategy. They have a flexible exit strategy which means they have the time to do extensive buy&build / fully complete value creation activities to maximize exit value.
- Entrepreneurship: Many of the investors are (ex)entrepreneurs that take an active interest in MKB investments (networking/advice). MKB Fonds are funded by entrepreneurs, run by entrepreneurs and invest in entrepreneurs.
- Diverse and supportive LP base: Their LP base consist of some 700 investors. MKB Fonds operates as a large fund (in terms of investor reporting and governance).
In the role of Associate your primary focus will be to evaluate investment proposals and contribute to due diligence processes/deal execution with a strong focus on financial modeling and market research. At the same time, you will have direct in-action exposure supporting the senior team members in portfolio management activities and other aspects of the investment cycle and private equity management. In summary, but not limited to:
Dealflow and execution
- Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking)
- Evaluation of investment proposals (e.g. financial modelling, valuation, structuring, financial and commercial due diligence)
- Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, fiscal, technical)
- Support in deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
- Portfolio management (e.g. financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, buy-and-build activities)
- Preparation and execution of refinancing and exits
- Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
- Support in fundraising preparation and investor relation activities
- General marketing and operational activities
- Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.)
- 2-4 years of work experience in private equity, mezzanine or financial dd, M&A or financial restructuring. Identified as a top performer/high potential
- Ability to independently build, analyze and understand complex financial information and models (Excel). Highly developed (financial) analytical skills.
- Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Ambitious and highly driven to succeed with good level of professional and commercial flair
- Feeling with the lower end of the mid-market and natural ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs
- Fit with the MKB Fonds DNA: strong on both the content and social side, energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with
- Native Dutch/Flemish
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.