Investment Director at DELTA Equity Partners - Amsterdam
Are you a senior private equity professional looking to invest in growing SME companies in Technology and Health? Are you looking to do more deals, lots of responsibility and an accelerated path to partner?
DELTA Equity Partners is a private equity firm founded in 2021. Headquartered in Amsterdam and located on the Apollolaan, DELTA Equity Partners is looking for an investment director (8+ year’s experience) to join their experienced and ambitious team. This investment director will be a top performer with experience in private equity, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a dose of personality. Not only will this person play a senior role in the future growth of DELTA Equity Partners but will have the opportunity to develop towards partner.
About DELTA Equity Partners
DELTA Equity Partners is a private equity fund investing in the lower-mid market with a specific focus on Technology and Health. €75 hard close completed on Fund I (1st July 2022).
• Leading position in (niche) market segment within Technology or Health
• Revenues between €5m and €20m
• Solid cashflow generation/positive EBITDA
• Experienced and entrepreneurial management team
• Significant opportunity for buy & build
• Companies with a HQ in the Benelux
DELTA Equity Partners has the ambition to generate value in a socially responsible way to entrepreneurs, investors, and employees. They have a deep sense of “service and support” to the entrepreneurs in which they invest.
The founding partners, Niels van Aalten en John Luijs have deep experience and expertise in the Technology and Health sectors. In addition to financial support, they wholeheartedly share their vision, knowledge and network with entrepreneurs.
In the role of investment manager/investment director your primary focus will be to originate, evaluate and execute investment opportunities and manage the portfolio. For the Director role you will have additional commercial responsibilities; increasingly supporting and initiating origination activity.
In summary, but not limited to:
Deal-flow and execution
• Deal origination (e.g., market and company research, networking)
• Evaluation of investment opportunities (e.g., financial modelling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence)
• Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, tax and operational)
• Execute Deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
• Portfolio management (e.g., financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, performance improvement projects, buy-and-build activities)
• Preparation and execution of refinancing and exits
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
• Leadership: hiring, coaching and developing of juniors
• General marketing and operational activities
• Interaction with CEOs, CFOs and M&A and other advisors. Continued personal
development in the direction of partner
• Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.). Strong grades will be a pre.
• Minimum of 8 years of work experience of which some experience in private equity is required (additional experience can also include corporate finance or Strategy Consulting experience).
• The successful candidate is able to negotiate/execute investment opportunities.
• The candidate is a top performer and received excellent performance reviews
• Strong leadership skills (powerful communicator, mentor and coach for juniors. Leadership by example)
• Analytical, curious, flexible, team player, driven to succeed with a high level of professional and commercial flair (networker). A dose of personality is also welcome. The social side is very important; energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with!
• Ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs and managers is a must
• Native fluent in Dutch
What makes DELTA Equity Partners a highly desired place to work?
• Ambition: The partners have set a very ambitious growth schedule for the next 10- 15 years. Their ultimate aim is to be the leading European PE fund for the SME market, with a strong focus on sector specialization
• Divers Team: In addition to the two partners Niels van Aalten (IB banking and PE) and John Luijs (Top tier Strategy consulting), they are supported by a director Jelmer Hoogendoorn (Top tier strategy consulting and PE), Siemen Nieborg (IB (lev finance) and restructuring), and an investment analyst Maarten Moshage)
• Culture: Ambitious, output driven, entrepreneurial, pragmatic
• Growth and responsibility: Currently 2 partners, 1 director, 1 investment manager and 1 analyst. In addition to 1 director there are plans in 2022 to add another associate and analyst.
• Career and responsibility: In this entrepreneurial setting you have the opportunity to pull responsibility towards you, with an accelerated career path to partner.
• Significant role in shaping company culture and further build: This is a new fund and as such, as a senior hire, you will have impact on shaping the company culture and the further build out of the DELTA Equity Partners team.
• Carried interest. As an early and senior hire, you will receive immediate carry into the Fund.
Triggered by this opportunity? Please contact Fishfin and let us elaborate on this unique place to work!
Michael Witts: 647304147, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.