Fields Group Investment Manager (location Germany or Amsterdam)
Investment Manager (location Germany or Amsterdam)
Our client is a uniquely positioned investor with a niche focus on investments in the lower end of the mid-market. They are looking for a German speaking Investment Manager (6+ years) with the right DNA, competences and experience to strengthen the investment team. Keywords are: Strong financial analytical and modeling capabilities, self-starting, all-round business eagerness and a healthy dose of personality.
FIELDS Group is an investor with a very operational, entrepreneurial & sustainable approach. They focus on majority stakes in SMEs and divisions of large corporations with a turnover of €10M – €100M. The equity investment per company ranges between €2M – €7M. Their reason to participate is based on potential, not on the sector or industry. This has allowed them to gain an extensive experience in a wide range of industries, such as automation & production, education & training, medical technology & healthcare, and safety & certification. The companies they invest in have a lot of potential but typically require a lot of attention to achieve their true potential. FIELDS always takes a very hands-on approach (active investor) strengthening the management team and involved in operations as well as finance and strategy. Depending upon the portfolio company they might follow a strategy of turnaround, consolidation, buy & build, international expansion etc. To date they have invested in both the Netherlands and Germany.
FIELDS is currently investing from its Fund II (26 million) having fully invested their Fund I and currently have 4 companies in portfolio. They are currently raising their Fund III (target 45-50M)
What makes FIELDS a highly desired place to work?
• Excellent team: The FIELDS team consists of five investment professionals with excellent backgrounds in M&A, Financial dd and strategy consulting. Furthermore, FIELDS works with an own operational team of experts active on FIELDS portfolio companies.
• Excellent results: To date they have made some great investments and created value in the portfolio companies. They are building a strong track record and reputation within their segment.
• Hands on: The investment team works together in a hands-on, accountable, energetic and transparent way. Every team member takes significant responsibility and gets ample room to accelerate
• Good Deal Flow: The investment pace of Fund II will continue. Because of their reputation and unique position in the German and Netherlands industrial and services segment there is a great deal flow. You are going to be involved in deals (1-3 per year).
• Entrepreneurial: FIELDS is an investment company privately owned by its board. This structure makes that it is not influenced by short term thinking of capital markets and typical private equity investors. FIELDS invests its own funds in each of the new group companies. Due to this it really thinks and acts like an entrepreneur. FIELDS is not afraid to take risk. It sees opportunities which others don’t see (or too late).
• Virtual Office: Despite having its HQ in Amsterdam, FIELDS has no requirements in terms of place of residence. FIELDS actively supports working virtually from home, portfolio company locations, and company offices. Weekly team meetings have a strong social and content aspect.
In the role of Investment Manager you will be involved in all aspects of the investment process Deals (Origination & Execution) and Portfolio management
Origination & Execution
• Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking)
• Evaluation of investment proposals (e.g. financial modelling, valuation, creating pitch-books)
• Perform due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, fiscal, technical, commercial)
• Deal (SPA) negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
• Preparation and execution of refinancing and exits
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
• Formulate and agree strategy with management teams (restructuring, organic and buy and build growth)
• Formation and execution of 100-day plan
• Establish and implement KPI reporting
• Support portfolio management teams: Initiate and project manage key value enhancement initiatives to drive value into the organization(s)
• Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.)
• 6+ years of work experience in a combination of Private Equity and corporate finance or consulting
• Ability to independently build, analyze and understand financial information and models (Excel)
• Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to build crisp storylines (e.g. investment memoranda)
• Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility
• Ambitious and highly driven to succeed with good level of professional and commercial flair
• Feeling with the lower end of the mid-market and natural ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs
• Fit with the FIELDS DNA: Strong on both the content and social side, energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with
• Location: Virtual office
• Fluent in German and English
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.