Investment Manager/Director at H2 Equity Partners
Investment Manager/Director at H2 Equity Partners
Are you a senior content driven PE investor, strategy consultant or corporate finance professional, who is at heart an entrepreneur and wants to join an Amsterdam based active and hands on PE fund?
H2 Equity partners, founded in 1991, is one of Western Europe’s leading and most entrepreneurial ‘value-add’ investment firms, with offices in the Benelux and the United Kingdom. H2 focuses on mid-sized companies with an attractive long-term outlook and significant value creation potential through (accelerated) growth and/or operational improvements.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, H2 is looking for an investment manager (6+) or director (8+ years’ experience) to join their experienced and ambitious team.
This investment professional should be a top performer with experience in private equity and/or CF/Consulting, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a dose of personality.
H2 currently consists of two partners with excellent track records in private equity, consultancy and corporate finance, one investment director, one operations director (portfolio focus), two investment managers, a senior associate and two associates. In total there are 9 investment professionals.
H2 invests in majority ownerships in companies with:
• €15 - €250m in revenue;
• Clear value creation potential;
• The potential to benefit from H2’s value-add support;
H2 invests a.o. in corporate carve-outs, succession-driven transactions, growth capital, buy & build opportunities, and operational improvement opportunities. H2 is a sector agnostic investor, but focuses on industries and situations it has previously been successful in.
H2 has a very active approach in supporting entrepreneurs and managers with improving, building and growing their businesses into great companies:
• H2 evaluates all transactions based on the fit with their selective investment criteria;
• They execute a thorough due diligence themselves, of the company and its industry as well as its growth- and operational improvement potential;
• Together with management, they create a value creation plan prior to the transaction, ensuring that management and H2 are aligned at the outset;
• During H2 ownership, they focus predominantly on the execution and progress tracking of this value creation plan;
• A deal team typically consists of two or three H2 professionals who remain involved with the company from the start of the transaction through to the eventual exit;
• They will interact with management and co-shareholders themselves, and don’t use outsiders to represent them.
What makes H2 a highly desired place to work?
• Exceptional Performance: H2 is one of Western Europe’s leading and most entrepreneurial ‘value-add’ investment firms. They have made some 50+ platform acquisitions and completed numerous successful exits. Their return on investment significantly outperforms the industry.
• Excellent investment team (experience, ambition, skills): Team members come from top tier consulting, corporate finance, corporates and Private Equity. Their diverse backgrounds and extensive experience allows them to pool their expertise to generate significant value and return to shareholders.
• Culture: Ambitious, output driven, entrepreneurial, energetic, pragmatic.
• Career and responsibility: In this setting you will have the opportunity to pull responsibility towards you, with an accelerated career path for top performers.
In the role of investment manager or director your primary focus will be to 1) originate, evaluate and execute investment opportunities, 2) generate significant value into portfolio companies, and 3) contribute to the development of the team and the firm. In summary, but not limited to:
Deal-flow and execution:
• Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking);
• Evaluation of investment opportunities (e.g. financial modelling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence);
• Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, tax and operational);
• Execute deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing;
• Portfolio management (e.g. financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, performance improvement projects, buy-and-build activities, restructuring);
• Preparation and execution of add-ons, refinancing and exits;
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations;
• Leadership: hiring, coaching and developing of juniors;
• General marketing and operational activities;
• The investment manager/director will have a lot of interaction with CEOs, CFOs and M&A and other advisors. Continued personal development in the direction of partner;
• Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.). Strong grades will be a pre.
• 6+ (manager) or 8+ (director) years of work experience in private equity and/or consulting or CF; a successful investment track record is strongly preferred.
• The successful candidate is able to originate, successfully negotiate/execute investment opportunities.
• The candidate is a top performer and received excellent performance reviews.
• Self-starting, pragmatic, ability to work independently and take responsibility, ambitious and highly driven to succeed with a high level of professional and commercial flair. A dose of personality is welcome. The social side is very important; energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with!
• Ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs and managers is a must.
• Native Dutch language skills and excellent English.
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.