Investment Director at Amsterdam PE fund
Investment Director (Amsterdam)
Are you a senior content driven PE investor, or investment banker, who is at heart an entrepreneur and wants to join an ambitious PE firm? We are looking for an exceptional investment director who can become partner in 2 to 5 years.
This investment professional should be a top performer with experience in private equity and/or investment banking, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a dose of personality. Not only will this person play a senior role in the future growth of the fund but mostly this is a unique opportunity to become partner in the fund in the next 2-5 years. In other words, this is a crucial hire!
What makes this fund a highly desired place to work?
• Ambition: The partners have set a very ambitious growth schedule for the next 5 years. Their ultimate aim is to be a leading European Private Equity Fund
• Exceptional Performance: Recent closed deals are already outperforming expectations and are demonstrating top performance for the industry
• Excellent investment team (experience, ambition, skills)
• Culture: Ambitious, output driven, entrepreneurial, pragmatic
• Growth: Further investment team growth expected in 2022 and beyond. It is a vibrant culture where you also get to play a role in shaping the team culture
• Career and responsibility: In this setting you have the opportunity to pull responsibility towards you, with an accelerated career path to partner
In the role of investment director your primary focus will be to originate, evaluate and execute investment opportunities (mid-market) and manage the portfolio. In summary, but not limited to:
Deal-flow and execution
• Deal origination (e.g., market and company research, networking)
• Evaluation of investment opportunities (e.g., financial modelling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence)
• Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, tax and operational)
• Execute Deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
• Portfolio management (e.g., financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, performance improvement projects, buy-and-build activities)
• Preparation and execution of refinancing and exits
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations Other
• Leadership: hiring, coaching and developing of juniors
• General marketing and operational activities
• The investment director will have a lot of interaction with CEOs, CFOs and M&A and other advisors. Continued personal development in the direction of partner
• Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.). Strong grades will be a pre.
• 8+ years of work experience in private equity and/or investment banking (strong preference for international or bulge bracket/top boutique).
• The successful candidate is able to originate, successfully negotiate/execute investment opportunities.
• The candidate is a top performer and received excellent performance reviews
• Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility, ambitious and highly driven to succeed with high level of professional and commercial flair. A dose of personality is welcome. The social side is very important; energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with!
• Ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs and mangers is a must
• Native Dutch language skills and fluent in English.
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.