Investment Analyst DIF
DIF Capital Partners Profile
DIF Capital Partners (“DIF”) is an independent investment fund manager that invests in infrastructure assets/companies across the globe. DIF manages funds for a total of circa €8.5 billion of capital across some 200 infrastructure, telecom and renewable energy projects and is currently investing from two funds with distinctive investment strategies:
• In 2020, DIF raised €3 billion of capital for DIF VI, its flagship fund which invests in PPP projects, concessions (toll roads, rail, student accommodation), contracted power / renewables and (regulated) utilities; • DIF is currently raising (final close expected in 2021) the €1 billion target size DIF Core Infrastructure Fund II (CIF II) focusing on in small to medium-sized core+ type assets, with a higher risk-return profile than the other DIF equity strategy.
The DIF team across 9 offices worldwide consists of around 150 professionals working on a variety of disciplines, mainly fundraising, origination (M&A and development), accounting and asset management. DIF’s Amsterdam office has circa 60 employees in total and is located in the WTC at Schiphol whereas the other offices are located in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, Toronto, Sydney and Santiago de Chile.
The Amsterdam origination team consists of 9 investment professionals. DIF is looking for a talented, ambitious and high-performing addition to this team at analyst level.
In the role of analyst in the Amsterdam based origination team, you will take ownership of relevant aspects during each phase of the origination and investment process up to closing and beyond, with a focus on buy-side transaction execution. Tasks include:
• Origination and analyses of new markets / opportunities; • Execution (financial modelling, due diligence, documentation, financing); • Asset management, including (financial modelling for) refinancings applicable to DIF’s existing investment portfolio.
In short, daily activities include analyzing investment markets, legal, technical and financial data, developing financial models, preparing investment committee proposals, reviewing and processing contract documentation and management of assets in the portfolio. The large majority of DIF’s investments are made outside the Netherlands. When working in the Amsterdam team at least 75% of the projects on which the successful candidate will work will be located outside the Benelux. Analysts are expected to work on both the DIF VI and CIF II investment strategies.
• Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or equivalent; • +/- 2 years of private equity, M&A or financing (structured/project/leveraged) ideally in telecom, energy and / or infrastructure; • Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, i.e. ability to build / understand complex financial models and perform quantitative analyses; • Outstanding communication and presentation skills; ability to build strong relationships; • Ethical attitude regarding risks, regulatory affairs, compliance and reputation of DIF and its investors; • Self-starter and flexible attitude; • Team player skills, being capable of assuming responsibility in small teams; • Excellent Knowledge of (both Dutch and) English is considered obvious, knowledge of multiple languages is considered a plus; and • Willingness to travel abroad (at analyst level ~10%, but as you develop towards associate and beyond this will increase).
What makes DIF a highly desired place to work?
• Excellent team: Working with and learning from high performing people is the best way to enhance your own learning curve. DIF has an open, no-nonsense office culture with an eye for people and where people work hard, take ownership and transactions are run by small deal teams;
• Strong track record: DIF continues to raise large funds on a regular basis (every 2-3 years). Investors have been convinced of DIF’s track record of making excellent investments enabling a high and sustainable rate of return; • High deal flow: The investment pace is high. You will execute many buy side transactions and work on add on transactions post completion;
• Remuneration : To attract the best talent DIF offers an attractive remuneration package consisting of a competitive annual salary and performance incentive structure as well as excellent training opportunities.
For more information, please contact Michael Witts, Fishfin (email@example.com / +31 6 4730 41 47)
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.