Investment Director Technology Venture and Opportunity Fund II
Holland Capital has been successfully investing for the last 40 years. They are one of the largest investment teams in the Netherlands with 26 dedicated investment professionals. They have made well over 150 investments across VC and PE and have a current portfolio of some 26 companies.
• They are currently fund raising for their 8th fund focusing on venture&growth investments in technology and healthcare companies
Holland Capital has an active approach in supporting entrepreneurs and managers with improving, building and growing their businesses into great companies:
• Their approach is collaborative, pragmatic and focused on the long term
• After investing in a company, they work together with management to create strategic and operational plans and provide the support necessary to realize these plans and prepare for an exit
• They have substantial experience, track-record and network of experts and entrepreneurs in technology and healthcare
What makes Holland Capital a highly desired place to work?
• Sector Focus: They differentiate themselves in an overcrowded market with experience and deep knowledge of two sectors (technology and healthcare). They continue to build knowledge and experience which can be replicated in each transaction in creating real value in their investments. They have a strong reputation which has clear benefits in originating new opportunities.
• Track record: They have been investing successfully for 40 years. The best guide for future performance is previous success.
• Large and diverse Team from which you can learn: You will have the benefit of working with people for a variety of background (VC, PE, CF, strategy consulting, corporates and industrial experts).
• Responsibility and scope: Although Holland Capital consists of a large team, you will work in highly focused small teams where you get tremendous responsibility and scope to have ownership (decision making and impact).
• Teamwork: The team works well together. There is very little hierarchy. Analysis are expected to contribute to investment decision-making and are listened to. It is a team effort. They often do sports together (skiing, cycling, fitness). There is very strong, cohesive and vibrant team atmosphere
• International Growth: They are currently opening an office in Germany for further European growth.
• Career steps: In this role you have a clear route to become a partner
In the role of investment director your primary focus will be to originate, evaluate and execute investment opportunities and manage the portfolio. In summary, but not limited to:
Deal-flow Origination (very important)
• Networking at technology trade fairs
• Connecting with universities, incubators, etc
• Contact with series A investors (other VC’s)
• Reaching out to upcoming tech entrepreneurs
• Proactive work with M&A boutiques who can bring you deals
Execution (some of which can also be learned):
• Evaluation of investment opportunities (e.g., financial modelling, valuation, structuring, and commercial due diligence). The emphasis will be on validating the business case.
• Manage deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, tax and operational)
• Execute Deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
• Portfolio management (e.g. financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy development, performance improvement projects, buy-and-build activities)
• Preparation and execution of refinancing and exits
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
• Vision: spotting key trends and entrepreneurs within the technology domain
• Leadership: hiring, coaching and developing of juniors
• General marketing and operational activities
• Continued personal development in the direction of partner
• Strong academic background: Master’s in technology/engineering or a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.). Strong grades will be a pre.
• At least 7+ years of work experience in investments (private equity/venture capital) and/or corporate finance or strategy consulting.
• Strong sector experience and network in technology domain
• The candidate is a top performer and received excellent performance reviews
• Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility, ambitious and highly driven to succeed with high level of professional and commercial flair. A dose of personality is welcome. The social side is very important; energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with! Ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs and mangers is a must
• Native Dutch and fluent in English
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.