Private Equity Internship
Mentha Capital’s offices, located in the Northern part of the Amsterdam port area, adjacent to a shipyard and with views of the IJ river, perfectly reflect its spirit: entrepreneurial, industrial and down-to-earth!
This independent private equity firm is active in the lower end of the mid-market (revenues of c. €25-75m) in the Netherlands and Belgium. They invest in established, profitable companies with clear opportunities for value creation (e.g. organic growth, expansion in new markets, buy-and-build). Mentha is currently investing from its fourth fund.
What makes Mentha Capital unique to work for? The Mentha Capital team consists of six investment professionals: 3 partners, one investment manager and two associates. In their eight years of history they have had quite a remarkable track record. Initially under the radar of many, their success has inevitably led to them being noticed and admired. The investment team works together in a hands-on, accountable, energetic and transparent way. They also understand the concept of fun!
In the role of intern your primary focus will be on supporting a variety of the following aspects of the investment cycle:
- Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking)
- Evaluation of investment proposals (e.g. financial modeling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence)
- Deal due diligence and documentation (financial, legal, fiscal, technical)
- Deal negotiations and arrangement of bank financing
- Portfolio management (e.g. financial reporting, KPI setting, strategy, buy-and-build activities)
- Preparation and execution of refinancing and exit
- Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
- Support in fundraising activities
- General marketing and operational activities
- Strong academic background in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering etc.). You have finished your BSc with good grades and will or have already started your MSc
- You have already completed a successful internship in M&A, investment banking, business development, strategy consulting and/or private equity (references need to be available)
- Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Ambitious and highly driven to succeed with good level of professional and commercial flair
- Feeling with the lower end of the mid-market and natural ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs
- Fit with Mentha DNA: strong on both the content and social side, energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with
- Native Dutch/Flemish and fluent in English
- The internship is ideally for 6 months.
Apply for this job
Please fill out your details and attach your curriculum vitae.
Your application has been sent successfully.